In this Article
- What other names is Manganese known by?
- What is Manganese?
- How does Manganese work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Manganese.
Check supplement labels carefully for "hidden" manganese. Some supplements (e.g., Cosamin and Cosamin DS) provide more than 11 mg per day when used according to the directions on the label.
The amount of manganese which is safe for children depends on their age. Discuss the appropriate amount with your healthcare professional before giving manganese to children.
Do not take manganese if:
- You have liver problems, without the help of a healthcare professional.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips and advances in treatment.