- What other names is Manganese known by?
- What is Manganese?
- How does Manganese work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Manganese.
- Treating or preventing low manganese levels in the body (manganese deficiency).
Possibly Effective for...
- Use with calcium, zinc, and copper for osteoporosis (thinning of the bones).
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Anemia, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), arthritis (osteoarthritis), and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Manganese work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get tips and advances in treatment.