- What other names is Manganese known by?
- What is Manganese?
- How does Manganese work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Manganese.
- Treating or preventing low manganese levels in the body (manganese deficiency).
Possibly Effective for...
- Use with calcium, zinc, and copper for osteoporosis (thinning of the bones).
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Anemia, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), arthritis (osteoarthritis), and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Manganese work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips and advances in treatment.