In this Article
- What other names is Marijuana known by?
- What is Marijuana?
- How does Marijuana work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Marijuana.
Marijuana is classified as an illegal substance. Marijuana does, however, contain dronabinol (Marinol), a substance that is FDA-approved for specific uses.
Do not use marijuana if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have heart problems or hypertension (high blood pressure).
- You have lung problems.
- You have seizures (epilepsy).
- You have immune system problems.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks. Marijuana might cause excessive sedation if combined with medications used during and after surgery.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.