In this Article
- What other names is Marjoram known by?
- What is Marjoram?
- How does Marjoram work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Marjoram.
Marjoram might not be safe when used long-term. There is some evidence that it could cause cancer.
Do not give marjoram to children in medicinal amounts. It might not be safe for them.
Do not use marjoram if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You are allergic to plants in the Lamiaceae family, such as basil, hyssop, lavender, mint, oregano, and sage.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.