- What other names is Masterwort known by?
- What is Masterwort?
- How does Masterwort work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Masterwort.
Despite safety concerns, people take masterwort for relief of muscle cramps, stomach disorders, digestive problems, diarrhea, and swelling of the tissue that lines the stomach and intestines.
There have been some reports that masterwort is used as a replacement to "stretch" greater burnet-saxifrage (Pimpinella major) products.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Muscle cramps.
- Stomach disorders.
- Digestion problems.
- Swelling (inflammation) of the lining of the stomach and intestines.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.