- What other names is Mate known by?
- What is Mate?
- How does Mate work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Mate.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Constipation, depression, urinary tract infections (UTIs), heart conditions, kidney and bladder stones, mental and physical tiredness (fatigue), chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), fluid retention, headaches, low blood pressure (hypotension), weight loss, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Mate work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.