"If you think you are at risk of getting HIV, ask your health care provider if PrEP is right for you. Along with other prevention methods like condoms, PrEP can offer good protection against HIV if taken every day.
Pre-exposure prophylaxis, "...
Patients using Megace® ES (megestrol acetate) should receive the following instructions:
- This medication is to be used as directed by the physician.
- Megace® ES (625 mg/5 mL) does not contain the same amount of megestrol acetate as Megace® oral suspension or any of the other megestrol acetate oral suspensions. Megace® ES contains 625 mg of megestrol acetate per 5 mL whereas Megace® oral suspension and other megestrol acetate oral suspensions contain 800 mg per 20 mL.
- The prescriber should inform the patient about the product differences to avoid overdosing or underdosing of megestrol acetate. The recommended adult dosage of Megace® ES is one teaspoon (5 mL) once a day. Please see table in DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION section.
- Report any adverse reaction experiences while taking this medication.
- Use contraception while taking this medication if you are a woman capable of becoming pregnant.
- Notify your physician if you become pregnant while taking this medication.
Last reviewed on RxList: 8/28/2008
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Megace ES Information
Megace ES - User Reviews
Megace ES User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get breaking medical news.