"A two-year-old child born with HIV infection and treated with antiretroviral drugs beginning in the first days of life no longer has detectable levels of virus using conventional testing despite not taking HIV medication for 10 months, according "...
Megace ES Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is megestrol (Megace ES)?
- What are the possible side effects of megestrol (Megace ES)?
- What is the most important information I should know about megestrol (Megace ES)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking megestrol (Megace ES)?
- How should I take megestrol (Megace ES)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Megace ES)?
- What happens if I overdose (Megace ES)?
- What should I avoid while taking megestrol (Megace ES)?
- What other drugs will affect megestrol (Megace ES)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking megestrol (Megace ES)?
You should not use megestrol if you are allergic to it, or if you are pregnant.
To make sure you can safely take megestrol, tell your doctor if you have any of these other conditions:
- diabetes; or
- a history of stroke or blood clot.
FDA pregnancy category X. This medication can harm an unborn baby or cause birth defects. Do not use megestrol if you are pregnant. Tell your doctor right away if you become pregnant during treatment. Use effective birth control while you are using this medication.
It is not known whether megestrol passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. You should not breast-feed while taking megestrol.
How should I take megestrol (Megace ES)?
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Shake the oral suspension (liquid) well just before you measure a dose. Measure the liquid with a special dose-measuring spoon or medicine cup, not with a regular table spoon. If you do not have a dose-measuring device, ask your pharmacist for one.
Megace ES contains a higher concentration of megestrol than Megace. If your doctor changes your brand, strength, or type of megestrol, your dosage needs may change. Ask your pharmacist if you have any questions about the medicine you receive at the pharmacy.
Your dosage needs may change if you have surgery, are ill, are under stress, or have an infection. Do not change your medication dose or schedule without your doctor's advice.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Additional Megace ES Information
- Megace ES Drug Interactions Center: megestrol oral
- Megace ES Side Effects Center
- Megace ES Overview including Precautions
- Megace ES FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Megace ES - User Reviews
Megace ES User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get breaking medical news.