- What other names is Melanotan-ii known by?
- What is Melanotan-ii?
- How does Melanotan-ii work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Melanotan-ii.
Melanotan-II is given as a shot to produce erections in men with ED (erectile dysfunction), tan the skin, and prevent skin cancers caused by sun exposure.
Possibly Effective for...
- Producing erections in men with ED (erectile dysfunction), when given as a shot under the skin.
- Tanning of the skin, when given as a shot under the skin.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Preventing skin cancers due to sun exposure, when given as a shot under the skin.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Sex & Relationships
Get tips to boost your love life.