"By Kelli Miller
WebMD Health News
Reviewed by Brunilda Nazario, MD
March 5, 2015 -- Babies created from the DNA of two women and a man could be born as early as next year. Last month, the United Kingdom cleared the way for fert"...
MENOPUR® is contraindicated in women who exhibit:
- Prior hypersensitivity to MENOPUR® or menotropins products or one of their excipients
- High levels of FSH indicating primary ovarian failure [see INDICATIONS AND USAGE]
MENOPUR® may cause fetal harm when administered to a pregnant woman [see Use In Specific Populations]. MENOPUR® is contraindicated in women who are pregnant. If this drug is used during pregnancy, or if the woman becomes pregnant while taking this drug, the woman should be apprised of the potential hazard to a fetus.
- Presence of uncontrolled non-gonadal endocrinopathies (e.g., thyroid, adrenal, or pituitary disorders) [see INDICATIONS AND USAGE]
- Sex hormone dependent tumors of the reproductive tract and accessory organs
- Tumors of pituitary gland or hypothalamus
- Abnormal uterine bleeding of undetermined origin
- Ovarian cyst or enlargement of undetermined origin, not due to polycystic ovary syndrome
Last reviewed on RxList: 2/28/2014
Additional Menopur Information
Menopur - User Reviews
Menopur User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Trying to Conceive
Get tips and advances in treatment.