"Oct. 20, 2012 -- Babies conceived with the help of high-tech fertility treatments such as in vitro fertilization (IVF) have an increased risk for birth defects, a new study shows.
Compared to infants born to mothers who conceived with"...
Menopur® (menotropins injection) is contraindicated in women who have:
- A high FSH level indicating primary ovarian failure.
- Uncontrolled thyroid and adrenal dysfunction.
- An organic intracranial lesion such as a pituitary tumor.
- Sex hormone dependent tumors of the reproductive tract and accessory organs.
- Abnormal uterine bleeding of undetermined origin.
- Ovarian cysts or enlargement not due to polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Prior hypersensitivity to menotropins or Menopur® (menotropins injection) .
- Menopur® (menotropins injection) is not indicated in women who are pregnant. There are limited human data on the effects of menotropins when administered during pregnancy.
Last reviewed on RxList: 2/25/2009
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Menopur Information
Menopur - User Reviews
Menopur User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Trying to Conceive
Get tips and advances in treatment.