"A new consumer-friendly form ( is now available for making reports to MedWatch, the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) on-line system for collecting information about serious problems with drugs, medical devices and other FDA-"...
Mephyton Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is phytonadione (Mephyton)?
- What are the possible side effects of phytonadione (Mephyton)?
- What is the most important information I should know about phytonadione (Mephyton)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking phytonadione (Mephyton)?
- How should I take phytonadione (Mephyton)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Mephyton)?
- What happens if I overdose (Mephyton)?
- What should I avoid while taking phytonadione (Mephyton)?
- What other drugs will affect phytonadione (Mephyton)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking phytonadione (Mephyton)?
You should not use phytonadione if you are allergic to it.
To make sure you can safely take phytonadione, tell your doctor if you have liver disease.
FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether phytonadione will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medication.
It is not known whether phytonadione passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take phytonadione (Mephyton)?
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Never take phytonadione in larger amounts, or for longer than recommended by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
While using phytonadione, you may need blood tests at your doctor's office. Visit your doctor regularly.
Use phytonadione regularly to get the most benefit. Get your prescription refilled before you run out of medicine completely.
If you need surgery or dental work, tell the surgeon or dentist ahead of time that you are using phytonadione.
Store in the original container at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light. Keep the container tightly closed when not in use.
Additional Mephyton Information
- Mephyton Drug Interactions Center: vitamin k oral
- Mephyton Side Effects Center
- Mephyton Overview including Precautions
- Mephyton FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Mephyton - User Reviews
Mephyton User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.