"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today expanded the approved use of Xgeva (denosumab) to treat adults and some adolescents with giant cell tumor of the bone (GCTB), a rare and usually non-cancerous tumor.
GCTB generally occurs in a"...
Mephyton Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Mephyton
Generic Name: phytonadione (Pronunciation: fye toe na DYE own)
- What is phytonadione (Mephyton)?
- What are the possible side effects of phytonadione (Mephyton)?
- What is the most important information I should know about phytonadione (Mephyton)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking phytonadione (Mephyton)?
- How should I take phytonadione (Mephyton)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Mephyton)?
- What happens if I overdose (Mephyton)?
- What should I avoid while taking phytonadione (Mephyton)?
- What other drugs will affect phytonadione (Mephyton)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is phytonadione (Mephyton)?
Phytonadione is a man-made form of vitamin K, which occurs naturally in the body.
Phytonadione is used to treat vitamin K deficiency and to treat certain bleeding or blood clotting problems.
Phytonadione may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Mephyton 5 mg
round, yellow, imprinted with MEPHYTON, MSD 43
What are the possible side effects of phytonadione (Mephyton)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
- fast or irregular heartbeats; or
- increased sweating.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- feeling like you might pass out;
- blue colored lips; or
- trouble breathing.
Less serious side effects may include:
- flushing (warmth, redness, or tingly feeling);
- changes in your sense of taste;
- sweating; or
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Mephyton (phytonadione) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about phytonadione (Mephyton)?
Never take phytonadione in larger amounts, or for longer than recommended by your doctor.
While using phytonadione, you may need blood tests at your doctor's office. Visit your doctor regularly.
If you need surgery or dental work, tell the surgeon or dentist ahead of time that you are using phytonadione.
Additional Mephyton Information
- Mephyton Drug Interactions Center: vitamin k oral
- Mephyton Side Effects Center
- Mephyton Overview including Precautions
- Mephyton FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Mephyton - User Reviews
Mephyton User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.