"June 18, 2015 -- A diet rich in fermented foods and drinks likely to contain probiotics may help curb social anxiety in young adults, new research suggests.
The study points to a promising link. It doesn't prove cause and effect, though, sa"...
Meprobamate Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Equanil, Miltown
Generic Name: meprobamate (Pronunciation: meh pro BA mate)
- What is meprobamate (Meprobamate)?
- What are the possible side effects of meprobamate (Meprobamate)?
- What is the most important information I should know about meprobamate (Meprobamate)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking meprobamate (Meprobamate)?
- How should I take meprobamate (Meprobamate)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Meprobamate)?
- What happens if I overdose (Meprobamate)?
- What should I avoid while taking meprobamate (Meprobamate)?
- What other drugs will affect meprobamate (Meprobamate)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is meprobamate (Meprobamate)?
Meprobamate affects chemicals in your brain that may become unbalanced and cause anxiety.
Meprobamate is used to relieve anxiety, nervousness, and tension associated with anxiety disorders.
Meprobamate may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
Meprobamate 200 mg-WAT
round, white, imprinted with 591-B
Meprobamate 400 mg-URL
round, white, imprinted with E 717
Meprobamate 400 mg-WAT
round, white, imprinted with 591-A
What are the possible side effects of meprobamate (Meprobamate)?
If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking meprobamate and seek emergency medical attention:
- an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, face, or tongue; or hives);
- fast or irregular heartbeats;
- abnormal behavior;
- a skin rash; or
- a sore throat.
Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take meprobamate and talk to your doctor if you experience
- drowsiness or dizziness,
- vomiting or diarrhea, or
- numbness or tingling.
Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Meprobamate (meprobamate) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about meprobamate (Meprobamate)?
Use caution when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities. Meprobamate may cause drowsiness, dizziness, and blurred vision. If you experience drowsiness, dizziness, or blurred vision, avoid these activities.
Use alcohol cautiously. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness while you are taking meprobamate.
Do not stop taking meprobamate suddenly if you have been taking it for several weeks. Stopping suddenly may cause withdrawal symptoms and make you uncomfortable. Talk to your doctor if you need to stop treatment with meprobamate.
Notify your doctor if you develop a fever, a skin rash, or a sore throat.
Additional Meprobamate Information
Meprobamate - User Reviews
Meprobamate User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get tips on therapy and treatment.