"Summertime means mosquitoes and West Nile virus season. An infected mosquito bite can make you or a family member sick with West Nile virus. Stay healthy this summer. Avoid mosquito bites, especially from dusk (evening) to dawn (morning) when the"...
Mepron Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is atovaquone (Mepron)?
- What are the possible side effects of atovaquone (Mepron)?
- What is the most important information I should know about atovaquone (Mepron)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking atovaquone (Mepron)?
- How should I take atovaquone (Mepron)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Mepron)?
- What happens if I overdose (Mepron)?
- What should I avoid while taking atovaquone (Mepron)?
- What other drugs will affect atovaquone (Mepron)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking atovaquone (Mepron)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to atovaquone.
If you have certain conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely take this medication. Before you take atovaquone, tell your doctor if you have:
- liver disease; or
- a stomach or intestinal disorder.
FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether atovaquone is harmful to an unborn baby. Before you take atovaquone, tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
It is not known whether atovaquone passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take atovaquone (Mepron)?
Take this medication exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not take the medication in larger amounts, or take it for longer than recommended by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Take atovaquone with a meal for best results.
Shake the liquid medicine bottle well just before you measure a dose. To be sure you get the correct dose, measure the liquid with a marked measuring spoon or medicine cup, not with a regular table spoon. If you do not have a dose-measuring device, ask your pharmacist for one.
If you are taking a pre-measured atovaquone dose from a foil pouch, tear open the pouch along the perforated line and take all of the medicine in the pouch. You may drink it directly from the pouch or pour it into a spoon or cup before taking.
Take this medication for the entire length of time prescribed by your doctor. Your symptoms may get better before the infection is completely treated.
Store atovaquone at cool room temperature away from moisture and heat. Do not allow the medicine to freeze.
Additional Mepron Information
- Mepron Drug Interactions Center: atovaquone oral
- Mepron Side Effects Center
- Mepron Overview including Precautions
- Mepron FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Mepron - User Reviews
Mepron User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.