"Nov. 1, 2012 -- Two more drugs made by the New England Compounding Center (NECC) are crawling with various kinds of bacteria, FDA tests reveal.
The NECC is the Massachusetts compounding pharmacy whose drugs are the likely source of th"...
Methadose Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Diskets, Dolophine, Methadose
Generic Name: methadone (Pronunciation: METH a done)
- What is methadone (Methadose)?
- What are the possible side effects of methadone (Methadose)?
- What is the most important information I should know about methadone (Methadose)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using methadone (Methadose)?
- How should I use methadone (Methadose)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Methadose)?
- What happens if I overdose (Methadose)?
- What should I avoid while using methadone (Methadose)?
- What other drugs will affect methadone (Methadose)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is methadone (Methadose)?
Methadone is a narcotic pain reliever, similar to morphine. Methadone also reduces withdrawal symptoms in people addicted to heroin or other narcotic drugs without causing the "high" associated with the drug addiction.
Methadone is used as a pain reliever and as part of drug addiction detoxification and maintenance programs.
Methadone may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Dolophine 5 mg-ROX
round, white, imprinted with 54 162
Methadone 10 mg-MAL
round, white, imprinted with METHADOSE 10
Methadone 10 mg-ROX
round, white, imprinted with 54 142
Methadone 5 mg-ROX
round, white, imprinted with 54 210
Methadose 5 mg
round, white, imprinted with METHADOSE 5
What are the possible side effects of methadone (Methadose)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- shallow breathing;
- hallucinations or confusion;
- chest pain, dizziness, fainting, fast or pounding heartbeat; or
- trouble breathing, feeling light-headed, or fainting.
Less serious side effects may include:
- feeling anxious, nervous, or restless;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- feeling weak or drowsy;
- dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, loss of appetite; or
- decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Methadose (methadone hydrochloride tablets) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about methadone (Methadose)?
Like other narcotic medicines, methadone can slow your breathing, even long after the pain-relieving effects of the medication wear off. Death may occur if breathing becomes too weak. Never use more methadone than your doctor has prescribed. Call your doctor if you think the medicine is not working.
Do not stop using methadone suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Call your doctor if you miss doses or forget to take this medication for longer than 3 days in a row.
This medication may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
Additional Methadose Information
- Methadose Drug Interactions Center: methadone oral
- Methadose Side Effects Center
- Methadose Overview including Precautions
- Methadose FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Methadose - User Reviews
Methadose User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Chronic Pain/Back Pain
Find tips and advances in treatment.