Methadose Oral Concentrate
"The estimated number of emergency department visits involving zolpidem overmedication (taking more than the prescribed amount) nearly doubled from 21,824 visits in 2005-2006 to 42,274 visits in 2009-2010, according to a new study by the Substance"...
Methadose Oral Concentrate
Methadose Oral Concentrate Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Diskets, Dolophine, Methadose
Generic Name: methadone (Pronunciation: METH a done)
- What is methadone (Methadose Oral Concentrate)?
- What are the possible side effects of methadone (Methadose Oral Concentrate)?
- What is the most important information I should know about methadone (Methadose Oral Concentrate)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using methadone (Methadose Oral Concentrate)?
- How should I use methadone (Methadose Oral Concentrate)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Methadose Oral Concentrate)?
- What happens if I overdose (Methadose Oral Concentrate)?
- What should I avoid while using methadone (Methadose Oral Concentrate)?
- What other drugs will affect methadone (Methadose Oral Concentrate)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is methadone (Methadose Oral Concentrate)?
Methadone is an opioid pain medication. An opioid is sometimes called a narcotic. Methadone also reduces withdrawal symptoms in people addicted to heroin or other narcotic drugs without causing the "high" associated with the drug addiction.
Methadone is used as a pain reliever and as part of drug addiction detoxification and maintenance programs.
Methadone may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Dolophine 5 mg-ROX
round, white, imprinted with 54 162
Methadone 10 mg-MAL
round, white, imprinted with METHADOSE 10
Methadone 10 mg-ROX
round, white, imprinted with 54 142
Methadone 5 mg-ROX
round, white, imprinted with 54 210
Methadose 5 mg
round, white, imprinted with METHADOSE 5
What are the possible side effects of methadone (Methadose Oral Concentrate)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- shallow breathing;
- hallucinations or confusion;
- chest pain, dizziness, fainting, fast or pounding heartbeat; or
- trouble breathing, feeling light-headed, or fainting.
Less serious side effects may include:
- feeling anxious, nervous, or restless;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- feeling weak or drowsy;
- dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, loss of appetite; or
- decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Methadose Oral Concentrate (methadone hydrochloride) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about methadone (Methadose Oral Concentrate)?
Taking methadone improperly will increase your risk of serious side effects or death. Even if you have used other narcotic medications, you may still have serious side effects from methadone. Follow all dosing instructions carefully.
Like other narcotic medicines, methadone can slow your breathing, even long after the pain-relieving effects of the medication wear off. Death may occur if breathing becomes too weak. Never use more methadone than your doctor has prescribed. Call your doctor if you think the medicine is not working.
Do not stop using methadone suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Call your doctor if you miss doses or forget to take this medication for longer than 3 days in a row.
Do not drink alcohol. Methadone can increase the effects of alcohol, which could be dangerous. Check your food and medicine labels to be sure these products do not contain alcohol.
This medication may impair your thinking or reactions. Avoid driving or operating machinery until you know how methadone will affect you.
Additional Methadose Oral Concentrate Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.