"Oct. 24, 2012 -- Women should get a Tdap shot during every pregnancy to protect their infant from whooping cough, even if they have had Tdap shots before, new guidelines advise.
Today's recommendation comes from the CDC's Advisory Com"...
Methergine Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is methylergonovine (Methergine)?
- What are the possible side effects of methylergonovine (Methergine)?
- What is the most important information I should know about methylergonovine (Methergine)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking methylergonovine (Methergine)?
- How should I take methylergonovine (Methergine)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Methergine)?
- What happens if I overdose (Methergine)?
- What should I avoid while receiving methylergonovine (Methergine)?
- What other drugs will affect methylergonovine (Methergine)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking methylergonovine (Methergine)?
You should not take this medication if you have:
- high blood pressure;
- toxemia of pregnancy; or
- if your baby has not yet been born.
If you have any of these conditions, you may not be able to take methylergonovine, or you may need a dosage adjustment or special tests during treatment.
FDA pregnancy category C. This medication may be harmful to an unborn baby. It is to be used only after delivery of your baby. Tell your doctor if you become pregnant during treatment.
Methylergonovine may pass into breast milk in small amounts and could affect a nursing baby. In some cases, you will need to use this medication for up to 1 week after your baby is born. Talk with your doctor about whether you should breast-feed during that time. You may need to use a breast pump to establish and maintain your milk flow until your methylergonovine treatment is finished.
How should I take methylergonovine (Methergine)?
Take this medication exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not take the medication in larger amounts, or take it for longer than recommended by your doctor.
Take this medicine with a full glass of water.
Methylergonovine should not be used for longer than 1 week unless your doctor has told you otherwise.
Store methylergonovine at room temperature away from light, moisture, and heat.
Additional Methergine Information
- Methergine Drug Interactions Center: methylergonovine oral
- Methergine Side Effects Center
- Methergine Overview including Precautions
- Methergine FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Methergine - User Reviews
Methergine User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Parenting and Pregnancy
Get tips for baby and you.