- What other names is Methionine known by?
- What is Methionine?
- How does Methionine work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Methionine.
Possibly Effective for...
- Preventing liver damage in cases of acetaminophen (Tylenol) poisoning.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Preventing cancer; maintaining normal liver function; and treating depression, alcoholism, allergies, asthma, radiation side effects, schizophrenia, drug withdrawal, and Parkinson's disease.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.