"Investigators from the Women's Health Initiative (WHI) Hormone Trials are reaffirming conclusions that hormone therapy is not recommended for the prevention of chronic disease, but may remain a reasonable option for the short-term management "...
(metronidazole vaginal gel) 0.75% Vaginal Gel
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Filling the applicator
- Remove cap and puncture metal seal on tube with the pointed tip of cap. (See Figure 1)
- Screw end of applicator onto tube. (See Figure 2)
- Slowly squeeze gel out of tube and into applicator. Plunger will stop when the applicator is full. (See Figure 3)
- Unscrew applicator and replace cap on tube.
2. Inserting the applicator
- The applicator may be inserted while lying on your back with your knees bent or in any comfortable position.
- Hold filled applicator by barrel, and gently insert into vagina as far as it will comfortably go. (See Figure 4)
- Slowly press the plunger until it stops to deposit gel into vagina and then withdraw the applicator.
3. Care of the applicator
If physician prescribes twice-a-day dosing:
- After use, pull the plunger out of the barrel. (See Figure 5)
- Wash both plunger and barrel in warm soapy water and rinse thoroughly.
- To reassemble applicator, gently push plunger back into barrel.
For once-a-day dosing, apply one applicator full at bedtime. For twice-a-day dosing, apply one applicator full each morning and evening for five days, or as directed by physician.
- If significant irritation develops from the use of this medication, discontinue use and consult your physician.
- Do not use during pregnancy except under the supervision of a physician.
- Keep this and all medications out of reach of children.
- For vaginal use only. Not for use in the eyes, on the skin or in the mouth.
Store at room temperature. Avoid exposure to extreme heat or cold.
See end of carton and bottom of tube for lot number and expiration date.
Last reviewed on RxList: 4/20/2009
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional MetroGel Vaginal Information
MetroGel Vaginal - User Reviews
MetroGel Vaginal User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.