"This year, give yourself a healthy makeover and enjoy the benefits for life. Women across the country are taking steps to live safer and healthier lives by making health a priority. You can too.
Physical activity is one of the most impo"...
MetroGel Vaginal Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: MetroGel-Vaginal, Vandazole
Generic Name: metronidazole vaginal (Pronunciation: MET roe NYE da zole)
- What is metronidazole vaginal (MetroGel Vaginal)?
- What are the possible side effects of metronidazole vaginal (MetroGel Vaginal)?
- What is the most important information I should know about metronidazole vaginal (MetroGel Vaginal)?
- What should I discuss with my doctor before using metronidazole vaginal (MetroGel Vaginal)?
- How should I use metronidazole vaginal (MetroGel Vaginal)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (MetroGel Vaginal)?
- What happens if I overdose (MetroGel Vaginal)?
- What should I avoid while using metronidazole vaginal (MetroGel Vaginal)?
- What other drugs will affect metronidazole vaginal (MetroGel Vaginal)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is metronidazole vaginal (MetroGel Vaginal)?
Metronidazole is an antibiotic that fights bacteria in the body.
Metronidazole vaginal is used to treat vaginal infections caused by bacteria.
Metronidazole vaginal may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of metronidazole vaginal (MetroGel Vaginal)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Rare but serious side effects may include:
- seizure (convulsions); or
- numbness, burning, pain, or tingly feeling in your hands or feet.
Less serious side effects may include:
- mild burning or stinging when the medication is applied;
- pelvic pain or cramps;
- loss of appetite, constipation, upset stomach, vomiting;
- dizziness, sleep problems (insomnia);
- runny nose;
- urinating more than usual;
- acne, increased sweating; or
- breast discharge or enlargement.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the MetroGel Vaginal (metronidazole) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about metronidazole vaginal (MetroGel Vaginal)?
Do not use metronidazole vaginal if you have ever had an allergic reaction to it.
Before using metronidazole vaginal, tell your doctor if you have liver disease, a seizure disorder, problems with circulation (such as Raynaud's syndrome), or if you have taken disulfiram (Antabuse) within the past 14 days.
Avoid having sex until your vaginal infection has been completely treated and you have finished using the medication.
Avoid using other vaginal creams or douches at the same time as metronidazole vaginal unless your doctor approves.
Use metronidazole vaginal for the entire length of time prescribed by your doctor, even during your menstrual period. Your symptoms may get better before the infection is completely treated.
If the infection does not clear up after you have finished one course of therapy, or if your symptoms get worse, see your doctor. You may have another type of infection that metronidazole will not treat.
Additional MetroGel Vaginal Information
- MetroGel Vaginal Drug Interactions Center: metronidazole vagl
- MetroGel Vaginal Side Effects Center
- MetroGel Vaginal Overview including Precautions
- MetroGel Vaginal FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
MetroGel Vaginal - User Reviews
MetroGel Vaginal User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.