Mexican Scammony Root
In this Article
- What other names is Mexican Scammony Root known by?
- What is Mexican Scammony Root?
- How does Mexican Scammony Root work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Mexican Scammony Root.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: It's UNSAFE to use Mexican scammony root if you are pregnant because it acts like a strong laxative. There isn't enough information to know whether it's safe to use during breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid using Mexican scammony root if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Appendicitis, or symptoms of appendicitis such as stomach pain, nausea, and vomiting: Don't use Mexican scammony root if you have any of these conditions. Mexican scammony root can irritate the stomach and intestines, making appendicitis or symptoms of appendicitis worse.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.