"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today notified Ranbaxy Laboratories, Ltd., that it is prohibited from manufacturing and distributing active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) from its facility in Toansa, India, for FDA-regulated drug product"...
To assure safe and effective use of benzodiazepines, the following information and instructions should be communicated to the patient when appropriate:
- Inform your physician about any alcohol consumption and medicine you are now taking, especially blood pressure medication and antibiotics, including drugs you buy without a prescription. Alcohol has an increased effect when consumed with benzodiazepines; therefore, caution should be exercised regarding simultaneous ingestion of alcohol during benzodiazepine treatment.
- Inform your physician if you are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant.
- Inform your physician if you are nursing.
- Patients should be informed of the pharmacological effects of midazolam, such as sedation and amnesia, which in some patients may be profound. The decision as to when patients who have received injectable midazolam, particularly on an outpatient basis, may again engage in activities requiring complete mental alertness, operate hazardous machinery or drive a motor vehicle must be individualized.
- Patients receiving continuous infusion of midazolam in critical care settings over an extended period of time, may experience symptoms of withdrawal following abrupt discontinuation.
Last reviewed on RxList: 1/4/2008
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Midazolam Injection Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.