In this Article
- What other names is Milk Thistle known by?
- What is Milk Thistle?
- How does Milk Thistle work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Milk Thistle.
Do not take milk thistle if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You are sensitive or allergic to ragweed, marigolds, daisies, and other related plants.
- You have a hormone-sensitive condition. Some of these conditions include endometriosis; uterine fibroids; and cancers of the breast, uterus, and ovaries.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.