"For patients with chronic sinusitis and nasal polyps, reslizumab is particularly effective, according to a subgroup analysis of two pivotal phase 3 trials of the anti-interleukin-5 antibody.
These patients have an "unusual conste"...
(Generic versions may still be available.)
The physician should instruct patients:
- To follow carefully the physician's directions for taking this drug and not to alter these directions without authorization.
- To follow carefully the physician's directions for the periodic blood test (prothrombin time)re-quired to assure that the correct dose of the drug is being used.
- To discuss with the physician any other medication (prescription or nonprescription) to be used.
- To report to the physician any abnormal bleeding, such as blood in the urine, blood in the stool (a black, tarry appearance); bleeding from the gums or nose; patches of discoloration or bruises on the arms, legs, or toes; or excessive bleeding following minor cuts (eg, while shaving).
- To discuss with the physician any plan to become pregnant or to report any pregnancy promptly.
Last reviewed on RxList: 12/8/2004
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Miradon Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.