For the treatment of occasional constipation (irregularity). This product should be used for 7 days or less or as directed by a physician.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
The usual dose is 17 grams (about 1 heaping tablespoon) of powder per day (or as directed by physician) in 4 to 8 ounces of water. Each bottle of MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350 - otc) is supplied with a measuring cap marked to contain 17 grams of laxative powder when filled to the indicated line. One to 3 days (24 to 72 hours) may be required to produce a bowel movement.
- Do not take more than directed, unless advised by your doctor
- The bottle top is a measuring cap marked to contain 17 grams of powder when filled to the indicated line (white section in cap)
- Adults and children 17 years of age and older fill to top of white section in cap, which is marked to indicate the correct dose (17g)
- Stir and dissolve in any 4 to 8 ounces of beverage (cold, hot or room temperature) then drink
- Use once a day
- Use no more than 7 days
- Children 16 years of age or under: ask a doctor
In powdered form, for oral administration after dissolution in water. MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350 - otc) is available in two sizes; a 8.3 oz. container and a 4.1 oz. container of laxative powder.
The cap on each bottle is marked with a measuring line and may be used to measure a single MiraLax (polyethylene glycol 3350 - otc) dose of 17 grams (about 1 heaping tablespoon).
Store at 20° - 25°C (68° - 77°F)
Tamper-evident:do not use if foil seal under cap is missing, open or broken.
© 2007, Schering-Plough HealthCare Products, Inc. 1-800-MiraLAX (polyethylene glycol 3350 - otc) (1-800-647-2529). *Use as directed.
Last reviewed on RxList: 7/25/2007
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional MiraLAX Information
MiraLAX - User Reviews
MiraLAX User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.