"The European Medicines Agency's Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) has recommended the marketing of selexipag (Uptravi, Actelion Registration Ltd) for the treatment of adults with pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)./"...
Moduretic Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is hydrochlorothiazide and amiloride (Moduretic)?
- What are the possible side effects of hydrochlorothiazide and amiloride (Moduretic)?
- What is the most important information I should know about hydrochlorothiazide and amiloride (Moduretic)?
- What should I discuss with my doctor before taking hydrochlorothiazide and amiloride (Moduretic)?
- How should I take hydrochlorothiazide and amiloride (Moduretic)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Moduretic)?
- What happens if I overdose (Moduretic)?
- What should I avoid while taking hydrochlorothiazide and amiloride (Moduretic)?
- What other drugs will affect hydrochlorothiazide and amiloride (Moduretic)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my doctor before taking hydrochlorothiazide and amiloride (Moduretic)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to hydrochlorothiazide or amiloride, or if you have:
- kidney disease or are unable to urinate;
- high potassium levels (hyperkalemia); or
- if you are taking potassium supplements.
To make sure you can safely take hydrochlorothiazide and amiloride, tell your doctor if you have any of these other conditions:
- heart disease;
- cirrhosis or other liver disease;
- a breathing disorder;
- an allergy to sulfa drugs or penicillin;
- a pancreas disorder; or
- if you are using another blood pressure medication or a steroid.
FDA pregnancy category B. This medication is not expected to be harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
Hydrochlorothiazide can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. You should not breast-feed while you are using hydrochlorothiazide and amiloride.
How should I take hydrochlorothiazide and amiloride (Moduretic)?
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Take hydrochlorothiazide and amiloride with food.
Your blood pressure will need to be checked often. Your blood and urine may also be tested if you have been vomiting or are dehydrated. Visit your doctor regularly.
If you need surgery or medical tests, tell the doctor ahead of time that you are taking medication that contains hydrochlorothiazide. You may need to stop using the medicine for a short time.
If you are being treated for high blood pressure, keep using this medication even if you feel well. High blood pressure often has no symptoms. You may need to use blood pressure medication for the rest of your life.
Store at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light. Do not freeze.
Additional Moduretic Information
Moduretic - User Reviews
Moduretic User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on handling your hypertension.