Monistat Vaginal Cream
"A sharp rise in the incidence of congenital syphilis between 2012 and 2014 parallels a national increase in primary and secondary syphilis among women during the same period, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The "...
Monistat Vaginal Cream
·This product is only effective in treating vaginal infection caused by yeast and in relieving vulvar itching and irritation associated with a yeast infection. Do not use in the eyes or take by mouth.
·Do not use miconazole nitrate vaginal cream if you have any of the following signs and symptoms. Also, if they occur while using miconazole nitrate vaginal cream, STOP using the product and contact your doctor right away. You may have a more serious illness.
Fever (Above 100°F orally)
· If there is no improvement or if the infection worsens within 3 days, or complete relief is not felt within 7 days, or your symptoms return within two months, then you may have something other than a yeast infection. You should consult your doctor.
· If you may have been exposed to the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV, the virus that causes AIDS) and are now having recurrent vaginal infections, especially infections that don't clear up easily with proper treatment, see your doctor promptly to determine the cause of your symptoms and to receive proper medical care.
· Mineral oil may weaken latex in condoms or in diaphragms. This cream contains mineral oil. Do not rely on condoms or diaphragms to prevent sexually transmitted diseases or pregnancy while using miconazole nitrate vaginal cream.
· Do not use tampons while using this medication.
· Do not use in girls less than 12 years of age.
· If you are pregnant or think you may be, do not use this product except under the advice and supervision of a doctor.
· Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children.
· In case of accidental ingestion, seek professional assistance or contact a poison control center immediately.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT USE IF CARTON WAS OPENED. THE TUBE OPENING SHOULD BE SEALED. IF SEAL HAS BEEN PUNCTURED OR IS NOT VISIBLE, DO NOT USE. RETURN THE PRODUCT TO THE STORE WHERE YOU BOUGHT IT.
NOT SUPPLIEDThis monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Last reviewed on RxList: 1/17/2017
Additional Monistat Vaginal Cream Information
- Monistat Vaginal Cream Drug Interactions Center: miconazole nitrate top
- Monistat Vaginal Cream Side Effects Center
- Monistat Vaginal Cream in detail including Side Effects and Drug Images
- Monistat Vaginal Cream Overview including Precautions
- Monistat Vaginal Cream FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.