In this Article
- What other names is Motherwort known by?
- What is Motherwort?
- How does Motherwort work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Motherwort.
Motherwort can interfere with the treatment of heart conditions.
Do not take motherwort if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have uterine bleeding or unexplained bleeding between menstrual periods.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks. Motherwort might cause excessive sedation if combined with medications used during and after surgery.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.