In this Article
- What other names is Motherwort known by?
- What is Motherwort?
- How does Motherwort work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Motherwort.
Sedative medications (CNS depressants)
Interaction Rating: Moderate Be cautious with this combination.
Talk with your health provider.
Motherwort might cause sleepiness and drowsiness. Medications that cause sleepiness are called sedatives. Taking motherwort along with sedative medications might cause too much sleepiness.
Some sedative medications include clonazepam (Klonopin), lorazepam (Ativan), phenobarbital (Donnatal), zolpidem (Ambien), and others.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.