In this Article
- What other names is Motherwort known by?
- What is Motherwort?
- How does Motherwort work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Motherwort.
Sedative medications (CNS depressants)
Interaction Rating: Major Do not take this combination.
Motherwort might cause sleepiness and drowsiness. Medications that cause sleepiness are called sedatives. Taking motherwort along with sedative medications might cause too much sleepiness.
Some sedative medications include clonazepam (Klonopin), lorazepam (Ativan), phenobarbital (Donnatal), zolpidem (Ambien), and others.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.