- What other names is Motherwort known by?
- What is Motherwort?
- How does Motherwort work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Motherwort.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Heart conditions (fast heart rate, abnormal rhythm), over-active thyroid (hyperthyroidism), itching, shingles, intestinal gas (flatulence), lack of menstrual periods, and other uses.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.