"The nation's annual food safety report card is out and it shows that 2012 rates of infections from two germs spread commonly through food have increased significantly when compared to a baseline period of 2006-2008, while rates of most others "...
Moxatag Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Moxatag
Generic Name: amoxicillin (Pronunciation: am OX i sil in)
- What is amoxicillin (Moxatag)?
- What are the possible side effects of amoxicillin (Moxatag)?
- What is the most important information I should know about amoxicillin (Moxatag)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking amoxicillin (Moxatag)?
- How should I take amoxicillin (Moxatag)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Moxatag)?
- What happens if I overdose (Moxatag)?
- What should I avoid while taking amoxicillin (Moxatag)?
- What other drugs will affect amoxicillin (Moxatag)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is amoxicillin (Moxatag)?
Amoxicillin is a penicillin antibiotic. It fights bacteria in your body.
Amoxicillin is used to treat many different types of infections caused by bacteria, such as ear infections, bladder infections, pneumonia, gonorrhea, and E. coli or salmonella infection. Amoxicillin is also sometimes used together with another antibiotic called clarithromycin (Biaxin) to treat stomach ulcers caused by Helicobacter pylori infection. This combination is sometimes used with a stomach acid reducer called lansoprazole (Prevacid).
Amoxicillin may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Amoxicillin 125 mg Chew-TEV
oblong, white, imprinted with 93, 2267
Amoxicillin 250 mg Chew-RAN
round, pink, berry, imprinted with RX 515
Amoxicillin 250 mg Chew-TEV
oblong, white, imprinted with 93, 2268
Amoxicillin 250 mg-RAN
yellow, imprinted with RX654
Amoxicillin 250 mg-STA
orange/peach, imprinted with WC 730
Amoxicillin 250 mg-TEV
tan/white, imprinted with 93 3107
Amoxicillin 500 mg Tab-TEV
oblong, white, imprinted with 93, 2263
Amoxicillin 500 mg-RAN
red/yellow, imprinted with RX655
Amoxicillin 500 mg-STA
orange/peach, imprinted with WC 731
Amoxicillin 500 mg-TEV
beige, imprinted with 93 3109
Amoxicillin 875 mg Tab-RAN
oblong, pink, imprinted with RX 763
Amoxicillin 875 mg Tab-TEV
oblong, white, imprinted with 93 2264
Amoxil 125 mg Chew
oval, pink, banana-cherry-peppermint, imprinted with AMOXIL, 125
Amoxil 200 mg Chew
round, pink, banana-cherry-peppermint, imprinted with AMOXIL 200
Amoxil 250 mg Chew
oval, pink, banana-cherry-peppermint, imprinted with AMOXIL, 250
Amoxil 250 mg
blue/pink, imprinted with AMOXIL 250
Amoxil 500 mg Cap
blue/pink, imprinted with AMOXIL 500
Amoxil 500 mg tab
oblong, pink, imprinted with AMOXIL 500
Amoxil 875 mg
oblong, pink, imprinted with AMOXIL 875
Trimox 250 mg
maroon/pink, imprinted with BRISTOL 7278
Trimox 500 mg
peach/red, imprinted with BRISTOL 7279
Trimox Chew 250 mg
round, pink, imprinted with BMS 38
What are the possible side effects of amoxicillin (Moxatag)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- white patches or sores inside your mouth or on your lips;
- fever, swollen glands, rash or itching, joint pain, or general ill feeling;
- severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash;
- pale or yellowed skin, yellowing of the eyes, dark colored urine, fever, confusion or weakness;
- severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness; or
- easy bruising, unusual bleeding (nose, mouth, vagina, or rectum), purple or red pinpoint spots under your skin.
Less serious side effects may include:
- stomach pain, nausea, vomiting;
- vaginal itching or discharge;
- headache; or
- swollen, black, or "hairy" tongue.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Moxatag (amoxicillin extended-release tablets) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about amoxicillin (Moxatag)?
Do not use this medication if you are allergic to amoxicillin or to any other penicillin antibiotic, such as ampicillin (Omnipen, Principen), dicloxacillin (Dycill, Dynapen), oxacillin (Bactocill), penicillin (Beepen-VK, Ledercillin VK, Pen-V, Pen-Vee K, Pfizerpen, V-Cillin K, Veetids), and others.
Before using amoxicillin, tell your doctor if you are allergic to cephalosporins such as Omnicef, Cefzil, Ceftin, Keflex, and others. Also tell your doctor if you have asthma, liver or kidney disease, a bleeding or blood clotting disorder, mononucleosis (also called "mono"), or any type of allergy.
Amoxicillin can make birth control pills less effective. Ask your doctor about using a non-hormone method of birth control (such as a condom, diaphragm, spermicide) to prevent pregnancy while taking amoxicillin.
Take this medication for the full prescribed length of time. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cleared. Amoxicillin will not treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu.
Do not share this medication with another person, even if they have the same symptoms you have.
Antibiotic medicines can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. If you have diarrhea that is watery or bloody, stop taking amoxicillin and call your doctor. Do not use anti-diarrhea medicine unless your doctor tells you to.
Additional Moxatag Information
- Moxatag Drug Interactions Center: amoxicillin oral
- Moxatag Side Effects Center
- Moxatag Overview including Precautions
- Moxatag FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Moxatag - User Reviews
Moxatag User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.