In this Article
- What other names is Msm (methylsulfonylmethane) known by?
- What is Msm (methylsulfonylmethane)?
- How does Msm (methylsulfonylmethane) work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Msm (methylsulfonylmethane).
There isn't enough information to know if MSM is safe when applied to the skin, as in creams, lotions, or nose drops.
Do not use MSM if:
- You are pregant or breast-feeding.
- For osteoarthritis: 500 mg three times daily up to 3 grams twice daily.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options