"The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has received a small number of reports of adverse events thought to be associated with CT imaging of some implantable and wearable electronic devices, such as insulin pumps, cardiac implantable electronic"...
Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis
Instruct patients to inform their physician if they:
- have a history of kidney and/or liver disease, or
- have recently received a GBCA.
GBCAs increase the risk for NSF among patients with impaired elimination of the drugs. To counsel patients at risk for NSF:
- Describe the clinical manifestations of NSF
- Describe procedures to screen for the detection of renal impairment
Instruct the patients to contact their physician if they develop signs or symptoms of NSF following MultiHance administration, such as burning, itching, swelling, scaling, hardening and tightening of the skin; red or dark patches on the skin; stiffness in joints with trouble moving, bending or straightening the arms, hands, legs or feet; pain in the hip bones or ribs; or muscle weakness.
Common Adverse Reactions
Inform patients that they may experience:
- reactions along the venous injection site, such as mild and transient burning or pain or feeling of warmth or coldness at the injection site
- side effects of feeling hot, nausea, and headache
Instruct patients scheduled to receive MultiHance to inform their physician if they:
- are pregnant or breast feeding
- have a history of renal disease, heart disease, seizure, asthma or allergic respiratory diseases
- are taking any medications
- have any allergies to any of the ingredients of MultiHance.
Last reviewed on RxList: 7/12/2012
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional MultiHance Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.