"Potential drug treatments are tested on paper, in laboratories and eventually in thousands of people. But every drug that goes through this cycle â€“ every drug that FDA approves â€“ carries some risk. One of the first lines of defense against "...
Myambutol Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is ethambutol (Myambutol)?
- What are the possible side effects of ethambutol (Myambutol)?
- What is the most important information I should know about ethambutol (Myambutol)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking ethambutol (Myambutol)?
- How should I take ethambutol (Myambutol)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Myambutol)?
- What happens if I overdose (Myambutol)?
- What should I avoid while taking ethambutol (Myambutol)?
- What other drugs will affect ethambutol (Myambutol)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking ethambutol (Myambutol)?
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you have
- ever had an allergic reaction to ethambutol;
- cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, or optic neuritis; or
- kidney disease.
You may not be able to take ethambutol, or you may require a dosage adjustment or special monitoring during treatment if you have any of the conditions listed above.
It is not known whether ethambutol will be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take this medication without first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant or could become pregnant during treatment.
It is also not known whether ethambutol will be harmful to a nursing baby. Do not take this medication without first talking to your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take ethambutol (Myambutol)?
Take ethambutol exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand these instructions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you.
Take each dose with a full glass (8 ounces) of water.
Ethambutol can be taken with or without food. Taking ethambutol with food may decrease stomach upset.
Take all of the ethambutol that has been prescribed for you even if you begin to feel better. Your symptoms may begin to improve before the infection is completely treated.
Ethambutol is usually combined with one or more other tuberculosis medicines.
Store this medication at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Additional Myambutol Information
- Myambutol Drug Interactions Center: ethambutol oral
- Myambutol Side Effects Center
- Myambutol Overview including Precautions
- Myambutol FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Myambutol - User Reviews
Myambutol User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.