"Antibiotics do not fight infections caused by viruses like colds, flu, most sore throats, bronchitis, and many sinus and ear infections. Instead, symptom relief might be the best treatment option for viral infections.
Get smart about when a"...
Myambutol Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Myambutol
Generic Name: ethambutol (Pronunciation: eth AM bue tol)
- What is ethambutol (Myambutol)?
- What are the possible side effects of ethambutol (Myambutol)?
- What is the most important information I should know about ethambutol (Myambutol)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking ethambutol (Myambutol)?
- How should I take ethambutol (Myambutol)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Myambutol)?
- What happens if I overdose (Myambutol)?
- What should I avoid while taking ethambutol (Myambutol)?
- What other drugs will affect ethambutol (Myambutol)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is ethambutol (Myambutol)?
Ethambutol is an antibiotic. It prevents growth of the tuberculous bacteria in the body.
Ethambutol is used to treat tuberculosis (TB).
Ethambutol may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
Ethambutol 400 mg-BAR
oval, white, imprinted with b, 923 400
Ethambutol 400 mg-VER
round, white, imprinted with VP, 1 4
Myambutol 400 mg
round, white, imprinted with LL, M 7
What are the possible side effects of ethambutol (Myambutol)?
If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking ethambutol and seek emergency medical attention or contact your doctor immediately:
- an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
- vision changes (e.g., blurring, red-green color blindness);
- a rash;
- numbness or tingling in your fingers, toes, hands, or feet;
- confusion, disorientation, or hallucinations; or
Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take ethambutol and talk to your doctor if you experience
- stomach upset, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, or decreased appetite;
- mild dizziness;
- worsening gout; or
- joint pain.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Myambutol (ethambutol) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about ethambutol (Myambutol)?
Take all of the ethambutol that has been prescribed for you even if you begin to feel better. Your symptoms may begin to improve before the infection is completely treated.
Call your doctor immediately if you experience changes in vision (e.g., blurring, red-green color blindness) or a rash.
Additional Myambutol Information
- Myambutol Drug Interactions Center: ethambutol oral
- Myambutol Side Effects Center
- Myambutol Overview including Precautions
- Myambutol FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Myambutol - User Reviews
Myambutol User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.