"Aug. 5, 2013 -- Anyone who develops a rash, blister, or some other skin reaction while taking acetaminophen should stop using the drug and seek medical care immediately. The painkiller poses the risk for three rare but potentially fatal skin diso"...
Mycelex Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Mycelex Troche
Generic Name: clotrimazole (Pronunciation: kloe TRIM a zole)
- What is clotrimazole (Mycelex)?
- What are the possible side effects of clotrimazole (Mycelex)?
- What is the most important information I should know about clotrimazole (Mycelex)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking clotrimazole (Mycelex)?
- How should I take clotrimazole (Mycelex)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Mycelex)?
- What happens if I overdose (Mycelex)?
- What should I avoid while taking clotrimazole (Mycelex)?
- What other drugs will affect clotrimazole (Mycelex)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is clotrimazole (Mycelex)?
Clotrimazole is an antifungal medication. It is like an antibiotic but is used to treat yeast (fungal) infections.
Oral clotrimazole is used to treat and prevent yeast infections of the mouth and throat.
Clotrimazole may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
Clotrimazole 10 mg-ROX
round, white, imprinted with 54 552
What are the possible side effects of clotrimazole (Mycelex)?
Stop taking clotrimazole and seek emergency medical attention if you experience an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives).
Side effects are not likely to occur with clotrimazole. Continue to take clotrimazole and talk to your doctor if you experience
- nausea or stomach upset,
- itching, or
- an unpleasant sensation in the mouth.
Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Mycelex (clotrimazole) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about clotrimazole (Mycelex)?
Take all of the clotrimazole that has been prescribed for you even if you begin to feel better. Your symptoms may begin to improve before the infection is completely treated.
Additional Mycelex Information
- Mycelex Drug Interactions Center: clotrimazole mm
- Mycelex Side Effects Center
- Mycelex Overview including Precautions
- Mycelex FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Mycelex - User Reviews
Mycelex User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.