"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today expanded the approved use of Xgeva (denosumab) to treat adults and some adolescents with giant cell tumor of the bone (GCTB), a rare and usually non-cancerous tumor.
GCTB generally occurs in a"...
Mycostatin Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Bio-Statin, Mycostatin, Mycostatin Pastilles, Nilstat
Generic Name: nystatin (oral) (Pronunciation: nye STAH tin)
- What is nystatin (Mycostatin)?
- What are the possible side effects of nystatin (Mycostatin)?
- What is the most important information I should know about nystatin (Mycostatin)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking nystatin (Mycostatin)?
- How should I take nystatin (Mycostatin)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Mycostatin)?
- What happens if I overdose (Mycostatin)?
- What should I avoid while taking nystatin (Mycostatin)?
- What other drugs will affect nystatin (Mycostatin)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is nystatin (Mycostatin)?
Nystatin is an antifungal medication.
Oral nystatin is used to treat yeast infections of the mouth.
Nystatin may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
Nystatin 500,000 u-TEV
round, brown, imprinted with 93, 983
Nystatin 500,000 u-URL
round, brown, imprinted with MP 83
What are the possible side effects of nystatin (Mycostatin)?
Stop taking nystatin and seek emergency medical attention if you experience an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives).
Side effects are not likely to occur with nystatin. Continue to take nystatin and talk to your doctor if you experience
- nausea or stomach upset,
- vomiting, or
Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Mycostatin (nystatin) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about nystatin (Mycostatin)?
Take all of the nystatin that has been prescribed for you even if you begin to feel better. Your symptoms may begin to improve before the infection is completely treated.
Additional Mycostatin Information
- Mycostatin Drug Interactions Center: nystatin top
- Mycostatin Side Effects Center
- Mycostatin Overview including Precautions
- Mycostatin FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Mycostatin - User Reviews
Mycostatin User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.