"The US Food and Drug Administration's (FDA's) Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Devices Panel of the Medical Devices Advisory Committee voted yesterday to recommend premarket approval of the Cartiva Synthetic Cartilage Implant for use in pati"...
Nalfon Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Nalfon
Generic Name: fenoprofen (Pronunciation: fen oh PROE fen)
- What is fenoprofen (Nalfon)?
- What are the possible side effects of fenoprofen (Nalfon)?
- What is the most important information I should know about fenoprofen (Nalfon)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking fenoprofen (Nalfon)?
- How should I take fenoprofen (Nalfon)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Nalfon)?
- What happens if I overdose (Nalfon)?
- What should I avoid while taking fenoprofen (Nalfon)?
- What other drugs will affect fenoprofen (Nalfon)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is fenoprofen (Nalfon)?
Fenoprofen is in a group of drugs called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Fenoprofen works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body.
Fenoprofen is used to treat pain or inflammation caused by arthritis.
Fenoprofen may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Fenoprofen 600 mg-IVA
oblong, orange, imprinted with 600, Z LOGO 4141
Fenoprofen 600 mg-MYL
oval, orange, imprinted with M471
Fenoprofen 600 mg-PP
oblong, yellow, imprinted with R317
What are the possible side effects of fenoprofen (Nalfon)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop taking fenoprofen and seek medical attention or call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- chest pain, weakness, shortness of breath, slurred speech, problems with vision or balance;
- black, bloody, or tarry stools, coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds;
- confusion, tremors or shaking;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- pain, burning, or bleeding when you urinate;
- nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash; or
- bruising, severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness.
Less serious side effects may include:
- upset stomach, mild heartburn or stomach pain, diarrhea, constipation; bloating, gas;
- dizziness, headache, nervousness;
- skin itching or rash;
- dry mouth;
- increased sweating, runny nose;
- blurred vision; or
- ringing in your ears.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Nalfon (fenoprofen calcium) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about fenoprofen (Nalfon)?
This medicine can increase your risk of life-threatening heart or circulation problems, including heart attack or stroke. Do not use this medicine just before or after having heart bypass surgery (also called coronary artery bypass graft, or CABG).
Seek emergency medical help if you have symptoms of heart or circulation problems, such as chest pain, weakness, shortness of breath, slurred speech, or problems with vision or balance.
This medicine can also increase your risk of serious effects on the stomach or intestines, including bleeding or perforation (forming of a hole). These conditions can be fatal and gastrointestinal effects can occur without warning at any time while you are taking fenoprofen. Older adults may have an even greater risk of these serious gastrointestinal side effects.
Call your doctor at once if you have symptoms of bleeding in your stomach or intestines. This includes black, bloody, or tarry stools, or coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds.
Additional Nalfon Information
- Nalfon Drug Interactions Center: fenoprofen oral
- Nalfon Side Effects Center
- Nalfon Overview including Precautions
- Nalfon FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Nalfon - User Reviews
Nalfon User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options