"April 24, 2014 -- As many as 4 in 10 Americans have sneezing, runny nose, and watery eyes due to allergies. If you're one of them, allergy shots can help ease your reaction to the plants, insects, or animals that trigger your symptoms. But they r"...
Nasacort AQ Patient Information including If I Miss a Dose
In this Article
- What is triamcinolone nasal (Nasacort AQ)?
- What are the possible side effects of triamcinolone nasal (Nasacort AQ)?
- What is the most important information I should know about triamcinolone nasal (Nasacort AQ)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using triamcinolone nasal (Nasacort AQ)?
- How should I use triamcinolone nasal (Nasacort AQ)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Nasacort AQ)?
- What happens if I overdose (Nasacort AQ)?
- What should I avoid while taking triamcinolone nasal (Nasacort AQ)?
- What other drugs will affect triamcinolone nasal (Nasacort AQ)?
- Where can I get more information?
What happens if I miss a dose (Nasacort AQ)?
Use the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose (Nasacort AQ)?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
An overdose of triamcinolone nasal is not expected to be dangerous. However, long-term use of high steroid doses can lead to symptoms such as thinning skin, easy bruising, changes in the shape or location of body fat (especially in your face, neck, back, and waist), increased acne or facial hair, menstrual problems, impotence, or loss of interest in sex.
What should I avoid while taking triamcinolone nasal (Nasacort AQ)?
Triamcinolone nasal can lower the blood cells that help your body fight infections. This can make it easier for you to bleed from an injury or get sick from being around others who are ill.
Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Call your doctor for preventive treatment if you are exposed to chicken pox or measles. These conditions can be serious or even fatal in people who are using steroid medicine.
What other drugs will affect triamcinolone nasal (Nasacort AQ)?
Tell your doctor about all other medications you use, especially:
- cancer medicine (chemotherapy);
- cyclosporine (Neoral, Sandimmune, Gengraf);
- sirolimus (Rapamune), tacrolimus (Prograf);
- basiliximab (Simulect), efalizumab (Raptiva), muromonab-CD3 (Orthoclone);
- mycophenolate mofetil (CellCept);
- azathioprine (Imuran), leflunomide (Arava), etanercept (Enbrel); or
- other steroids such as prednisone, fluticasone (Advair), mometasone (Asmanex, Nasonex), dexamethasone (Decadron, Hexadrol) and others.
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with triamcinolone nasal. Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over the counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor.
Where can I get more information?
Your pharmacist can provide more information about triamcinolone nasal.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use this medication only for the indication prescribed.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided by Cerner Multum, Inc. ('Multum') is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. Multum information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States and therefore Multum does not warrant that uses outside of the United States are appropriate, unless specifically indicated otherwise. Multum's drug information does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients or recommend therapy. Multum's drug information is an informational resource designed to assist licensed healthcare practitioners in caring for their patients and/or to serve consumers viewing this service as a supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgment of healthcare practitioners. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. Multum does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of information Multum provides. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
Copyright 1996-2013 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 9.04. Revision date: 12/15/2010.
Your use of the content provided in this service indicates that you have read,understood and agree to the End-User License Agreement,which can be accessed by clicking on this link.
Additional Nasacort AQ Information
Nasacort AQ - User Reviews
Nasacort AQ User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.