"Feb. 25, 2013 (San Antonio, Texas) -- The asthma drug Xolair appears to be a safe and effective treatment for chronic hives, a new study shows.
The results of the study were presented at a news conference here at the American Academy"...
Nasalcrom Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is cromolyn sodium nasal (Nasalcrom)?
- What are the possible side effects of cromolyn sodium nasal (Nasalcrom)?
- What is the most important information I should know about cromolyn sodium nasal (Nasalcrom)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using cromolyn sodium nasal (Nasalcrom)?
- How should I use cromolyn sodium nasal (Nasalcrom)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Nasalcrom)?
- What happens if I overdose (Nasalcrom)?
- What should I avoid while using cromolyn sodium nasal (Nasalcrom)?
- What other drugs will affect cromolyn sodium nasal (Nasalcrom)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using cromolyn sodium nasal (Nasalcrom)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to cromolyn sodium.
If you have certain conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely use this medication. Before you use cromolyn sodium nasal, tell your doctor if you have:
- drug allergies; or
- polyps in your nose.
FDA pregnancy category B. This medication is not expected to be harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
It is not known whether cromolyn sodium passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I use cromolyn sodium nasal (Nasalcrom)?
Use this medication exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not use the medication in larger amounts, or use it for longer than recommended by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
This medicine is usually given as 1 spray into each nostril every 4 to 6 hours during allergy season or within 1 week before you will be exposed to an allergen. Follow your doctor's instructions.
Do not use cromolyn sodium nasal more than 6 times in a 24-hour period. Do not use this medication for longer than 12 weeks unless your doctor has told you to.
To use the nasal spray:
- Blow your nose gently before each use.
- Keeping your head upright, insert just the tip of the spray bottle into your nostril. Hold your other nostril closed with one finger. Spray the medicine into the nostril while inhaling, then sniff deeply a few times to make sure the medicine gets up into your nasal passages.
- Repeat these steps in your other nostril.
- After using the nasal spray, rinse the tip with hot water or wipe it with a clean tissue and recap. Avoid getting water into the nasal spray tip.
It may take up to 2 weeks of using this medicine before you get the full effect. For best results, keep using the medication as directed. Talk with your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after 2 weeks of treatment.
Store cromolyn sodium at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light. Keep the bottle capped when not in use.
Additional Nasalcrom Information
Nasalcrom - User Reviews
Nasalcrom User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.