"Plants produce round pollen grains. Individual grains are too tiny to see with the naked eye, but some can form large, visible clusters. For fertilization to take place and seeds to form in some plants, pollen must be moved from the flower of one"...
Nasonex Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is mometasone nasal (Nasonex)?
- What are the possible side effects of mometasone nasal (Nasonex)?
- What is the most important information I should know about mometasone nasal (Nasonex)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using mometasone nasal (Nasonex)?
- How should I use mometasone nasal (Nasonex)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Nasonex)?
- What happens if I overdose (Nasonex)?
- What should I avoid while using mometasone nasal (Nasonex)?
- What other drugs will affect mometasone nasal (Nasonex)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using mometasone nasal (Nasonex)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to mometasone.
Before using mometasone, tell your doctor if you have been sick or had an infection of any kind. You may not be able to use mometasone nasal until you are well.
Also tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs, or if you have:
- glaucoma or cataracts;
- herpes simplex virus of your eyes;
- tuberculosis or any other infection or illness;
- sores or ulcers inside your nose; or
- if you have recently had injury of or surgery on your nose.
FDA pregnancy category C. This medication may be harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
It is not known whether mometasone passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use mometasone nasal without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
Steroid medicines can affect growth in children. Talk with your doctor if you think your child is not growing at a normal rate while using mometasone nasal.
How should I use mometasone nasal (Nasonex)?
Use this medication exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not use the medication in larger amounts, or use it for longer than recommended by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
This medication comes with patient instructions for safe and effective use. Follow these directions carefully. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
The usual dose of mometasone nasal is 1 to 2 sprays into each nostril once per day. Your doctor may recommend you start using mometasone nasal 2 to 4 weeks before the start of allergy season.
Before using the spray for the first time, you must prime the spray pump. Shake the medicine well and spray into the air and away from your face, until a fine mist appears. Prime the spray pump any time you have not used your nasal spray for longer than 7 days.
Shake the medicine bottle well just before each use.
It may take up to 2 weeks of using this medicine before your symptoms improve. For best results, keep using the medication as directed. Talk with your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after a week of treatment.
To be sure this medication is not causing harmful effects on your nose or sinuses, your doctor may want to check your progress on a regular basis. Do not miss any scheduled visits to your doctor.
Store this medication in an upright position at room temperature, away from moisture and heat.
Throw the medication away after you have used 120 sprays, even if there is still medicine left in the bottle.
Additional Nasonex Information
- Nasonex Drug Interactions Center: mometasone nasl
- Nasonex Side Effects Center
- Nasonex Overview including Precautions
- Nasonex FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Nasonex - User Reviews
Nasonex User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.