"BOSTON, MA â€” In a large study, middle-aged Americans who drank up to seven alcoholic drinks a week were less likely to develop heart failure during a 24-year follow-up than their peers who abstained, drank more, or were former drinkers. These fin"...
Natrecor Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Natrecor
Generic Name: nesiritide (Pronunciation: ness EAR a tide)
- What is nesiritide (Natrecor)?
- What are the possible side effects of nesiritide (Natrecor)?
- What is the most important information I should know about nesiritide (Natrecor)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before receiving nesiritide (Natrecor)?
- How is nesiritide given (Natrecor)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Natrecor)?
- What happens if I overdose (Natrecor)?
- What should I avoid after receiving nesiritide (Natrecor)?
- What other drugs will affect nesiritide (Natrecor)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is nesiritide (Natrecor)?
Nesiritide relaxes and dilates blood vessels, lowering blood pressure.
Nesiritide is used to improve breathing in people with congestive heart failure (CHF).
Nesiritide may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of nesiritide (Natrecor)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Tell your caregivers at once if you have:
- confusion, feeling light-headed, fainting;
- fast, slow, or irregular heartbeats;
- urinating less than usual;
- chest pain; or
- fever, unusual weakness or tiredness.
Other common side effects may include:
- headache, mild dizziness;
- nausea, vomiting;
- back pain;
- numbness or tingly feeling;
- tremors; or
- vision changes.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Natrecor (nesiritide) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about nesiritide (Natrecor)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to nesiritide, or if you have very low blood pressure.
Before you receive nesiritide, tell your doctor if you have kidney disease.
Tell your doctor about any heart problems you currently have or have had in the past. There are certain heart conditions that could make it dangerous for you to receive nesiritide.
Additional Natrecor Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.