"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved the MemoryShape Breast Implant to increase breast size (augmentation) for use in women at least 22 years old and to rebuild breast tissue (reconstruction) in women of any age. The MemoryShape B"...
Nebupent Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Nebupent, Pentam 300
Generic Name: pentamidine (Pronunciation: pen TAM e deen)
- What is pentamidine (Nebupent)?
- What are the possible side effects of pentamidine (Nebupent)?
- What is the most important information I should know about pentamidine (Nebupent)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking pentamidine (Nebupent)?
- How should I take pentamidine (Nebupent)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Nebupent)?
- What happens if I overdose (Nebupent)?
- What should I avoid while taking pentamidine (Nebupent)?
- What other drugs will affect pentamidine (Nebupent)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is pentamidine (Nebupent)?
Pentamidine is a type of antibiotic that fights protozoa in the body.
Pentamidine is used to prevent and treat serious infections such as Pneumocystis pneumonia.
Pentamidine may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of pentamidine (Nebupent)?
Side effects with pentamidine are not common. Serious side effects include:
- an allergic reaction (shortness of breath; closing of the throat; hives; swelling of the lips, face, or tongue; rash; or fainting);
- blurred vision;
- chest pain or irregular heart beat;
- difficulty breathing;
- dizziness, confusion, fainting spells or excessive tiredness;
- drastic appetite changes;
- pain or irritation at the injection site;
- mouth ulcers or irritations;
- severe stomach pain;
- bleeding or bruising;
- severe headache;
- increased thirst; or
Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Talk to your doctor if you experience
- taste changes;
- diarrhea; or
- nausea or vomiting.
Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Nebupent (pentamidine isethionate) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about pentamidine (Nebupent)?
Pentamidine may affect blood sugar levels. Contact your doctor if you experience any low blood sugar symptoms including
- increased appetite;
- chills, pale skin, shakes, cold sweats; or
Pentamidine may affect blood sugar levels. Contact your doctor if you experience any high blood sugar symptoms including
- increased thirst;
- loss of appetite;
- increase in amount or frequency or urination;
- fruity smelling breath; or
Your doctor may want you to have regular blood, heart function, and blood sugar evaluations during treatment with pentamidine to monitor progress and side effects.
Additional Nebupent Information
- Nebupent Drug Interactions Center: pentamidine inhl
- Nebupent Side Effects Center
- Nebupent Overview including Precautions
- Nebupent FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.