Necrotizing Fasciitis (cont.)
Charles Patrick Davis, MD, PhD
Dr. Charles "Pat" Davis, MD, PhD, is a board certified Emergency Medicine doctor who currently practices as a consultant and staff member for hospitals. He has a PhD in Microbiology (UT at Austin), and the MD (Univ. Texas Medical Branch, Galveston). He is a Clinical Professor (retired) in the Division of Emergency Medicine, UT Health Science Center at San Antonio, and has been the Chief of Emergency Medicine at UT Medical Branch and at UTHSCSA with over 250 publications.
Melissa Conrad Stöppler, MD
Melissa Conrad Stöppler, MD, is a U.S. board-certified Anatomic Pathologist with subspecialty training in the fields of Experimental and Molecular Pathology. Dr. Stöppler's educational background includes a BA with Highest Distinction from the University of Virginia and an MD from the University of North Carolina. She completed residency training in Anatomic Pathology at Georgetown University followed by subspecialty fellowship training in molecular diagnostics and experimental pathology.
In this Article
- Necrotizing fasciitis (flesh-eating disease) facts
- What is necrotizing fasciitis?
- Do different types of necrotizing fasciitis exist?
- What causes necrotizing fasciitis?
- What are necrotizing fasciitis symptoms and signs?
- How is necrotizing fasciitis diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for necrotizing fasciitis?
- How is necrotizing fasciitis prevented? Is necrotizing fasciitis contagious?
- Who is at risk to get necrotizing fasciitis?
- What is the prognosis (outcome) for patients with necrotizing fasciitis? What are complications of necrotizing fasciitis?
- What are some additional sources of information on necrotizing fasciitis?
What are some additional sources of information on necrotizing fasciitis?
"BBB - Aeromonas hydrophila," U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
"Dermatologic Manifestations of Necrotizing Fasciitis," Medscape.com
"Group A Streptococcal (GAS) Disease," U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
"MRSA Infection," eMedicineHealth.com
Maynor, Michael E. "Emergent Management of Necrotizing Fasciitis." Medscape.com. June 9, 2011. <http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/784690-overview>.
"Necrotizing Fasciitis (Flesh-Eating Bacteria)." WebMD.com. Feb. 10, 2011. <http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/necrotizing-fasciitis-flesh-eating-bacteria-topic-overview>.
Viewers share their comments
- Submit »
- Submit »
Find out what women really need.