In this Article
- What other names is Neem known by?
- What is Neem?
- How does Neem work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Neem.
Neem is UNSAFE for children. Serious side effects in infants and small children can happen within hours after taking neem oil. These serious side effects include vomiting, diarrhea, drowsiness, blood disorders, seizures, loss of consciousness, coma, brain disorders, and death.
Do not take neem if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You are trying to conceive a child.
- You have undergone organ transplant.
- You have an immune system disease such as multiple sclerosis, lupus erythematosus, or other auto-immune disease.
- You have diabetes.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.