"Dec. 13, 2012 -- A 2-year-old beagle named Cliff may hold the key to preventing an infection that kills thousands of Americans each year.
Researchers in the Netherlands taught Cliff to sniff out the intestinal bacteria Clostridium "...
- Clinician Information:
Neo-Fradin Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Mycifradin, Neo-Fradin, Neo-Tab
Generic Name: neomycin (Pronunciation: nee oh MY sin)
- What is neomycin (Neo-Fradin)?
- What are the possible side effects of neomycin (Neo-Fradin)?
- What is the most important information I should know about neomycin (Neo-Fradin)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking neomycin (Neo-Fradin)?
- How should I take neomycin (Neo-Fradin)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Neo-Fradin)?
- What happens if I overdose (Neo-Fradin)?
- What should I avoid while taking neomycin (Neo-Fradin)?
- What other drugs will affect neomycin (Neo-Fradin)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is neomycin (Neo-Fradin)?
Neomycin is an antibiotic.
Neomycin is used to reduce the risk of infection during surgery of the bowel. Neomycin is also used to reduce the symptoms of hepatic coma.
Neomycin may also be used for purposes other than those listed here.
Neomycin 500 mg-TEV
round, white, imprinted with BL, 18
What are the possible side effects of neomycin (Neo-Fradin)?
If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking neomycin and seek emergency medical attention:
- an allergic reaction (shortness of breath; closing of the throat; hives; swelling of the lips, face, or tongue; rash; or fainting);
- little or no urine;
- decreased hearing, ringing in the ears, or a feeling of fullness in the ears;
- dizziness, clumsiness, or unsteadiness;
- numbness, skin tingling, muscle twitching, or seizures; or
- severe watery diarrhea and abdominal cramps.
Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take neomycin and talk to your doctor if you experience
- nausea or vomiting; or
Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Neo-Fradin (neomycin sulfate) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about neomycin (Neo-Fradin)?
Neomycin may cause damage to the kidneys and/or nerves. Kidney function and drug levels in the blood may be monitored with blood tests during treatment. Tell your doctor if you experience decreased urination, hearing loss, ringing in the ears, feeling of fullness in the ears, dizziness, numbness, skin tingling, muscle twitching, or seizures which may be signs of kidney or nerve damage.
Additional Neo-Fradin Information
- Neo-Fradin Drug Interactions Center: neomycin oral
- Neo-Fradin Side Effects Center
- Neo-Fradin FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.