Niferex Capsules Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Ezfe, Ferrex-150, Ferus Pic-150, Niferex, Niferex Elixir, Nu-Iron 150, Poly Iron, Polysaccharide Iron
Generic Name: iron polysaccharide (Pronunciation: I ern paw lee SACK ah ride)
- What is iron polysaccharide (Niferex Capsules)?
- What are the possible side effects of iron polysaccharide?
- What is the most important information I should know about iron polysaccharide?
- Who should not take iron polysaccharide?
- How should I take iron polysaccharide?
- What happens if I miss a dose?
- What happens if I overdose?
- What should I avoid while taking iron polysaccharide?
- What other drugs will affect iron polysaccharide?
- Where can I get more information?
What is iron polysaccharide (Niferex Capsules)?
Iron polysaccharide is a form of the mineral iron. Iron is important for many functions in the body, especially for the transport of oxygen in the blood.
Iron polysaccharide is used as a dietary supplement, and to prevent and to treat iron deficiencies and iron deficiency anemia.
Iron polysaccharide may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of iron polysaccharide?
If you experience an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives), stop taking iron polysaccharide and seek emergency medical attention.
Other less serious side effects are more likely to occur. Continue taking iron polysaccharide and talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you experience
- stomach upset,
- nausea or vomiting,
- black or darker than normal appearing stools, or
- temporary staining of the teeth.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Niferex Capsules (polysaccharide iron complex capsules) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about iron polysaccharide?
Keep this medication out of the reach of children. An accidental overdose of iron by a child can be fatal.
Iron polysaccharide may decrease the absorption of other medicines. Talk to your doctor and pharmacist before taking iron polysaccharide if you take any other prescription or over-the-counter medicines.
Additional Niferex Capsules Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.