Table of Contents
- Night sweats facts
- What are night sweats?
- What are the causes of night sweats in women, men, and children?
- What other symptoms accompany night sweats?
- Idiopathic hyperhidrosis
- Other medications
- Hormone disorders
- Neurologic conditions
- Which specialties of doctors treat night sweats?
- Night sweats treatment
The hot flashes that accompany the menopausal transition can occur at night and cause sweating. This is a very common cause of night sweats in perimenopausal women. It is important to remember that hot flashes and other symptoms of the perimenopause can precede the actual menopause (the cessation of menstrual periods) by several years.
Idiopathic hyperhidrosis is a condition in which the body chronically produces too much sweat without any identifiable medical cause.
Women's Health Resources
- Breast Self-Exam: Step by Step
- Feeling Your Best With Breast Cancer
- 5 Lifesaving Tests Every Woman Needs