Table of Contents
- Night sweats facts
- What are night sweats?
- What are the causes of night sweats in women, men, and children?
- What other symptoms accompany night sweats?
- Idiopathic hyperhidrosis
- Other medications
- Hormone disorders
- Neurologic conditions
- Which specialties of doctors treat night sweats?
- Night sweats treatment
- endocarditis (inflammation of the heart valves),
- osteomyelitis (inflammation within the bones due to infection),
- abscesses (for example, boils, appendix, tonsils, perianal, peritonsillar, diverticulitis), and
- AIDS virus (HIV) infection.
Night sweats are an early symptom of some cancers. The most common type of cancer associated with night sweats is lymphoma. However, people who have an undiagnosed cancer frequently have other symptoms as well, such as unexplained weight loss and fever. Continue Reading