"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Xofigo (radium Ra 223 dichloride) to treat men with symptomatic late-stage (metastatic) castration-resistant prostate cancer that has spread to bones but not to other organs. It is intended for"...
Nilandron Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is nilutamide (Nilandron)?
- What are the possible side effects of nilutamide (Nilandron)?
- What is the most important information I should know about nilutamide (Nilandron)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking nilutamide (Nilandron)?
- How should I take nilutamide (Nilandron)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Nilandron)?
- What happens if I overdose (Nilandron)?
- What should I avoid while taking nilutamide (Nilandron)?
- What other drugs will affect nilutamide (Nilandron)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking nilutamide (Nilandron)?
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you have
- liver disease or
- asthma or another lung disease.
You may not be able to take nilutamide, or you may require a lower dose or special monitoring if you have any of the conditions listed above.
Nilutamide is in the FDA pregnancy category C. This means that it is not known whether nilutamide will harm an unborn baby. Nilutamide is not indicated for use by women. Do not take this medication if you are pregnant or are planning a pregnancy.
It is not known whether nilutamide passes into breast milk. Do not take this medication without first talking to your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take nilutamide (Nilandron)?
Take nilutamide exactly as directed by your doctor. However, if you do not understand these directions, ask your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist to explain them to you.
Take each dose with a full glass of water.
Nilutamide can be taken with or without food or milk.
Treatment with nilutamide should be started on the day of or on the day after surgical castration to have maximum benefits.
Try to take your dose of nilutamide at the same time every day.
Do not stop taking this medication without first talking to your doctor.
Store nilutamide at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Additional Nilandron Information
- Nilandron Drug Interactions Center: nilutamide oral
- Nilandron Side Effects Center
- Nilandron Overview including Precautions
- Nilandron FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Nilandron - User Reviews
Nilandron User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.